I have only been blogging properly for a few months, and I have recently received a nomination for a Liebster Award! The lovely Jenny nominated me, and you can follow her blog here. She left a really nice comment on one of my posts and said that she related to a lot of what I write about, which is really humbling, so thank you!
I am still finding my feet blogging-wise, and have already caused a bit of controversy with a certain post. I am learning so much but what I love the most is how supportive and encouraging the blogging community are.
There are so many talented and inspirational writers out there, and I will never get bored of reading their blogs. I started mine as a way to reach out to other anxiety sufferers, and it really has been like a form of therapy. My only regret is that I didn’t start sooner!
I have never heard of the Liebster Award before, and after doing a bit of Googling I have discovered that it is an award that only exists on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
It is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. It is a great way for new blogs to get noticed, and is only given to blogs with 200 readers or less. I have found a great website explaining all the rules here.
I suppose it’s a bit like a chain letter but for bloggers! I’m sure not everyone who is nominated wants to participate, but my view is that, with everything, you get out what you put in. I don’t see any harm in taking some time to acknowledge some fellow bloggers and to help eachother out. And hey, it’s always nice to be nominated for something isn’t it?!
So for those who don’t know about the Liebster Award (2016), allow me to explain.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
10 Random Facts About Me
- I was born and bred in Wales but my mum and all her side of the family are from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I love the fact that I have strong Celtic blood, and it’s great when the two sides play eachother in rugby as I can’t lose!
- I lived in Holland for a year in 2004 where I met an English guy called John. We kept in contact and in 2010 we finally got together. We are now engaged, living in Birmingham and have a 2 year old little girl.
- We tried for years to get pregnant, but were told by each consultant that I would never have children naturally due to blocked fallopian tubes. We were just about to start IVF procedures when I did a pregnancy test…it was positive!
- I played the violin from age 7 and was in my high school orchestra but stopped when I was studying for my GCSE’s. It is one of my biggest regrets.
- I was born with a rare condition called torticollis (like severe whiplash), which caused one side of my neck to be completely stiff. I had an operation in 2004 to correct it which was the first of its kind in this country. I am in a medical textbook somewhere.
- I am quite tall (5″9) and have huge feet. This doesn’t really bother me but my partner is 5″6!
- Music is one of my biggest passions. I have seen so many amazing bands, been to the best festivals and was majorly into the dance scene from the late 90’s (semi retired raver now)! My mum and aunties are all professional singers and I have been known to belt out a song or two from time to time.
- I really want to visit Seattle. I am a huge Nirvana fan (Kurt especially) and have always wanted to see where he grew up. I loved Frasier too! I will get there one day.
- I love books and can’t go a day without reading. English was my best subject in school and I have always written (poetry and stories). I am hoping that by blogging I can hone my writing skills, get better, and eventually publish my own book.
- I can’t wear heels. This is partly because of my height, but they are just so uncomfortable. I live and die in Converse hi-tops!
FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD I NOMINATE: